11.30.2006

iced in



Classes were canceled today due to excessive ice and the forecast of it only getting worse. So, today is a catch-up-on-stuff day for me. I have a big project to start, I know its really late in the semester to start, but i am really exited about it and I hope it turns out like I want. The project: screenprinting calendars. I cant believe only a couple weeks of class left, that means only a semester left after that until graduation, eeekkk!

These sort of days always make me want to be home. Being stuck in the house with nothing to do was always a comforting feeling. Watching the snow pile up on the limbs of the woods behind our house. Getting as close as I could to the fireplace before it got too hot. The smell of the wintery outside air when dad came in with more wood. Keeping the back porch spotlight on to see how big the snowflakes were getting. Our old fashioned lit fir tree underneath a blanket of snow.

Working and watching out the window.

No comments: